We are working with landscape architecture and urban design practitioners from around the world to provide short daily seminars focused on design and research projects. The 20 minute informal seminars, hosted by Ed Wall and titled The Landscapists, are to provide students and young people an insight into the unique project approaches taken by leading designers and researchers. Seminars will be conducted on Zoom [with meeting link/ID listed here once times are confirmed]. Revisit this page for updates on speakers, dates, times and Zoom access.
- Monday 6 April [09:00 GMT] – Martin Rein-Cano, Topotek1 [https://us02web.zoom.us/j/350312071 / Meeting ID: 350 312 071]
- Tuesday 7 April [09:00 GMT] – Eelco Hooftman, Gross Max [https://us02web.zoom.us/j/460186662 / Meeting ID: 460 186 662]
- Wednesday 8 April [09:00 GMT] – Laura Santin and William Roberts, Nomad Studio [https://us02web.zoom.us/j/850549814 / Meeting ID: 850 549 814]
- Thursday 9 April [10:00 GMT] – Cannon Ivers, LDA Design
- Monday 23 March [09:00 GMT] – Ed Wall
- Tuesday 24 March [09:00 GMT] – James Fox, FFLO
- Wednesday 25 March [09:00 GMT] – Jenn Mui, MRG Studio
- Thursday 26 March [09:00 GMT] – Donncha O Shea, Gustafson Porter + Bowman
- Friday 27 March [09:00 GMT] – Ceylan Belek, Martha Schwartz and Partners
- Monday 30 March [09:00 GMT] – Giacomo Guzzon, Gillespies
- Tuesday 31 March [09:00 GMT] – Cesare Cardia, Uncommon Land
- Wednesday 1 April [10:00 GMT] – Loretta and Ben Bosence, Local Works Studio
- Thursday 2 April [09:00 GMT] – JJ Watters, Kinnear Landscape Architects
- Friday 3 April [09:00 GMT] – Martí Franch Batllori, EMF
Thanks: Thank you to all the designers and researchers for generously sharing their time with us, many at short notice! These seminars are not part of a specific programme/course/module but rather an open conversation to support young people whose studies have been disrupted and who are working from their houses, residences, apartments and flats during the Spring of 2020. Thank you to University of Greenwich for supporting the seminars.
The Landscapists: The title and theme of the seminars have been developed from The Landscapists: Redefining Landscape Relations, an issue of Architectural Design (AD) edited by Ed Wall and published by Wiley in early 2020.