Foster + Partners is seeking a landscape architect to join its team in Battersea, London.
Foster + Partners is one of the most innovative architecture and integrated design practices in the world. Based in London, with offices worldwide, the practice has an international reputation, with buildings on six continents. Since its inception we have won more than 620 awards for excellence.
Foster + Partners believe the relationship between a building and its setting is critical for the success of any project. They are looking to develop more landscape skills in-house and offer the opportunity for a talented landscape architect to work on projects in their London office, but also to coordinate with external landscape architects on many of their projects. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the development of the landscape function.
The successful person is likely to have a very strong design background and experience on international projects.
- take a lead on design of both hard and soft landscape for architectural and urban design projects and competitions
- work closely with design groups and external landscape consultants to support project teams in creating sustainable landscape designs
- promote good landscape design throughout the practice
- research and advise on indigenous/suitable vegetation on projects around the world
- support the design teams through the research into project specific landscape design issues
- contribute, or otherwise assist, as required
- thorough knowledge of and compliance with Foster + Partners procedures and standards
Qualities and skills required:
- able to demonstrate ability to undertake the above responsibilities
- legally able to work in the country in which the position is based
- excellent organisational skills
- able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information
- self-motivated and able to take responsibility
- able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks
- good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team
- flexible attitude
- able to build good relationship at all levels, internally and externally
- resilient to cope with conflicting demands, able to prioritise duties and work effectively under pressure while remaining calm and professional at all times
- able to work as part of a an effective team assisting and supporting team members
- ability to communicate efficiently and clearly both in written form and through graphic representations
- ability to use Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office
To apply for this position please send a CV and a copy of your portfolio or a link to your portfolio to: email@example.com.
This job advert is reblogged from the Dezeen website