Graduate recruitment for landscape architects and designers seems to be on the rise. See below a six month contract with multidisciplinary firm BDP:
BDP has an opening for a Graduate Landscape Architect to join our award-winning Manchester Studio. This is a key appointment to support the Landscape Team in a growing number of international landscape projects, prestigious UK developments, and ongoing higher education masterplanning studies. There is potential for the right candidate to progress to develop a portfolio of work in the UK and overseas.
Working in the landscape team you will contribute to design driven solutions on a wide range of projects from design guides to landscape masterplans, and detail design and delivery of contractor led developments. You will also have a key role to play in supporting our team in the international market, working closely with other disciplines within the group and our international offices to deliver high quality environments for the public and private sectors.
Qualifications and Experience
You will have a qualification in Landscape Architecture and an aspiration to become LI Chartered. You will be keen to keep up to date with innovations in landscape design, issues and regulations.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:-
- A strong grasp of issues affecting landscape architecture at various stages in the design process such as analysis and problem solving, and design development
- Well developed graphic skills
- Strong technical design and drawing capabilities
- Conceptual design skills and technical drafting skills
- The ability to articulate and pitch ideas to the team
- A broad based understanding of detail design including current legislation and CDM
- Skills in 3D and plan based visualisation techniques, including use of CAD, Sketch-Up and Adobe CS
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well within a multi-disciplinary team
As part of our commitment to career development within the landscape team, full support & mentoring will be given to the chosen candidate to enable them to gain professional LI Chartership.
BDP offers an attractive remuneration package that includes a competitive salary, flexible pension allowance, private medical insurance, contribution towards professional subscriptions and a great working environment.
Interested applicants should email a covering letter along with a concise portfolio, clearly highlighting your role in relation to any projects and images, and a current CV to email@example.com, quoting reference no. mr13-068 by Tuesday 15 October 2013 at 5:30pm
BDP is an equal opportunities employer.
No agencies or third party applications please.
This advertisement has been re-blogged from the Landscape Institute website